Make sure your pixel is working properly with the Facebook Pixel Helper Chrome Extension
The Facebook Pixel Helper is a troubleshooting tool that helps you find out if your pixel
Before getting started,
How to add the Pixel Helper Chrome Extension
- Go to the Chrome web store and search for the Facebook Pixel Helper.
- Click + Add to Chrome.
3. Click Add extension.
Once you've successfully installed the
Check that your pixel's working
- After you've installed the Pixel Helper, click the Pixel Helper icon in the address bar.
- Check the popup to see any pixels found on that page, and whether they've
been setup successfully.
If the Pixel Helper finds a pixel on your site and there are no errors, then you're ready to
If you see a notification that
Troubleshooting Pixel Errors
The Facebook Pixel Helper reports common errors than can happen when you install a pixel on your website. These errors mean that the person who manages your website will need to fix something for your pixel to
No Pixel Found
If you click the Pixel Helper icon in the address bar and see a message that
Pixel Did Not Load
This means that the Pixel Helper may have found Facebook pixel code on your site, but the pixel isn't passing back data from your site. There are two reasons this might
- If you've set up your pixel to fire on a dynamic event (like when someone clicks a button on your page). If that's the case, try clicking the button where you've attached your pixel code and clicking on the Pixel Helper again to see if this fixes the problem.
- There could be an error in your pixel base code. If this is the case, you can try deleting the Facebook pixel code you've placed on your site and adding the code again. Learn how to find your pixel base code in Facebook and put it on your site.
Not a Standard Event
This means that the Pixel Helper found event code on your site that doesn't match one of our 9 Standard Events. This could be a typo, for example, if the event
Pixel Activated Multiple Times
This means that your pixel sent the same signal multiple times to Facebook (which would impact the accuracy of your site's reporting). To fix this, make sure